A Formal Affair
This Saturday, February 11th 2006 at 7:00 PM I will be escorted by Patrick to the Jr. League's Black and White Ball featuring K C and the Sunshine Band! I can't wait. It's like a little fair tale. After spending 5 weeks working ridiculous busy season hours, working 4 of the past 6 weekends, I get to go to a formal ball. The only unfortunate aspect of the event is that we will be surrounded by KPMG people. Yes, I was invited to go as a guest of KPMG. KPMG Dallas audits the Dallas chapter of the Jr. League and as part of our fees, we do a little bartering and get two tables at their annual ball, tickets to the Spring Market and some other tickets of some sort. Fortunate for me, Debbie, my performance manager whom I LOVE, was in charge of offering the seats at the ball and I jumped at the chance. She even let me invite Abby, my new favorite KPMGer, and Patrick. It's going to be a bit strange with Patrick there, seeing as only 2 of the other KPMGers know he's coming and I know all 10 other KPMG people going, 3 of these people have heard stories about Patrick, and 3 of these people I am not fond of....at all (not the same 3)! So, I may be throwing him to the wolves, but I really want to get Patrick in a tux and get him on a dance floor. I think he may be the first guy (other than Tod - but we didn't even really date) I have ever dated that I didn't first, or very soon after meeting him, dance with him. He claims he's not much of a dancer, but all guys say that. I wish it wasn't in front of everyone I work with, but I'm excited to find out if he can dance, or if there is potential for him to be a good dancing partner. Besides, I haven't even seen the boy since Christmas Eve! When I asked if he was available to come to Dallas on February 11th he cut me off mid sentence to say "YES". Oh boy, he's quite fond of me in a "I'll cancel all my plans, spend the last dime in my bank account and jump on a plan just to see you!" type of way. Well, I'm looking forward to seeing him in person. I still don't like talking on the phone. But I haven't had much time to talk to him at all lately. Anyway...gosh...enough about Patrick. I bet you all thought nothing could be more boring than reading about Gretchen's accounting adventures. Boy were you wrong!
Oh, but even more exciting news, I got to buy a new formal dress for the affair! My mom and I went shopping two weeks ago and then Abby and I went out this past Saturday (and ran into Carrie and Kristy - two seniors I've worked with at KPMG also going to the ball) and I finally found the perfect dress. It is so hard to find a nice, sophisticated black dress this time of year. Can you believe that high school student's are out in force already(!) buying prom dresses?!!
So, I spent a lot more than I wanted to, but I love my dress.
Also, February 11th will be an amazing day for one more reason. I am going to a bridal shower for my Dr. Lentzsch! So exciting.
Much love to all

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home