Thursday, March 09, 2006

Busy Season is winding down...,I think.

After 2 full months of non-stop work (OK, OK, I had 3 weekends off over 8 weeks) , things are winding down, sort of. I don't THINK I have to work this weekend. I'm working on the coolest client I've worked on yet. I'm working on a single audit (federal grant compliance audit) for the Texas Health Resource Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine. Long name awsome research facility. Unfortunatly, the most invovled I get to the actual research was my tour on Monday of the facility. They have a hyperbolic chamber!! Two of there grants we are auditing come from NASA. NASA!!!! If you have known me for any length of time, I'm sure you are aware that I used to dream of working for NASA, either as an astronaut or as an astro physisist. I wish I could just sit and read up and study the research, but I have to audit it.....review expenditures and read grant agrements and confirm information such as "the period of availability is from March 31 2004 through November 1, 2005.....the employee's time is split 32% to grant A, 12% to grant B and 56% to PHD...." not terribly exciting, but oh well.
A lot of exciting things have happened recently. It must be getting close to spring. I've received two save the dates over the past two weeks. One wedding is in the North Carolina mountains at the end of July (college friends) and the other is in Charlott NC the fist weekend of September (grad school friends). I'm also actively planning a beach vacation for Polly and me this July. It's going to be a busy and fun Summer!
The best news of all....My cousin and her husband are moving to Fort Worth Texas!!! MY cousin Catherine will start work at a sister energy company that she works for now in Albequerque, NM on Tuesday. She will start out commuting each week for 3 months and then, she and her husband Jeff will officially move to Ft. Worth. So exciting. Things worked out perfectly, I was just put on a Ft. Worth Client for a week, 2 weeks after Chatherine starts, so I can stay with her for the week. I'm so excited. We all LOVE Cahterine and Jeff. They are so much fun and so loving. I'm extatic.
I also got to see Patrick for 2 hours a week ago. He had a pretty bad week and was in town for 2 days to mourn with his friend Andrew whos dad wasn't going to make it through the week. This after he attended a funeral in New Orleans for his college friend that passed away from meningitis. The funny thing is, he was happy, because he got to see me. :)
Well, I need to get to bed. Much love to all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home