Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Gretchen Monthly

As you may have noticed, I haven't been terribly motivated to post blog entries lately. Life has been pretty good. Spring has been pretty hot here in Dallas. We had a record breaking Easter Sunday with temperatures climbing to the high 90s. We even hit 100 degrees the week before Easter! I think it's going to be a really hot summer judging by the spring we've had so far.

Speaking of Easter, Patrick joined my family for our "wholsome" Easter Sunday. He came over after church and ate our Easter Dinner with us, played Taboo with us as we floated around in my parents pool, and played cards with my family. We all had a lot of fun, and Patrick seemed to fit in with my family very well...a bit scarry.

So spring is in full swing. Recently I've attended 4 Rangers games, a crawfish boil, and been invited to 5 weddings. The first wedding I will be attending is in one week. It will be my first wedding to attend as someone's date. Patrick has invited me to attend a wedding as his guest this Saturday May 13th, which means I am going to New Orleans for the weekend and meeting all of Patrick's friends. I'm quite excited. Then Patrick will be moving to Dallas 3 weeks later! :) :)I like that boy. I can't believe I've been dating Patrick for almost 6 1/2 months. Even though I'm still not calling him my boyfriend, that's strictly title. Technically he is my boyfriend, but until we discuss it (which I'm FINALLY ready to do) I will not refer to him as such. I don't know why I'm so slow and timid about advancing in our relationship. I think it's inexperience that has lead me to question everything and require a lot of time to get comfortable with a romantic relationship, but Patrick has been the most understanding patient and obedient boy ever!
Enough about Patrick.

The other 4 weddings are as follows:
Cari & Jeremy get married in Dallas on June 4th
Karen & Will get married in the mountains of North Carolina on July 31st
My 2nd cousin Matthew Post is getting married in Santa Barbara on August 12th
Cat and Brian get married September 2nd
All this combined with the responsibility of a Junior High youth retreiat sponsor/chaporone July 2nd through the 6ht and a Cancun beach vacation with Polly from July 9th through the 14th....I'm going to be quite busy and quite poor for the next 4 months!

Good thing I FINALLY found the perfect pair of work shoes (not too expensive - just before my bank account gets drained for all the weddings and vacations!). Just in time too. I've been looking for a pair of brown, close toed, heals for a pair of work pants that I have had for over a year but have only been able to wear in Fall and Winter with my brown boots. I liked the shoes so much I got a pair in black too to replace my only other black work shoes that had developed holes in the soles.

When I come back from New Orleans I'll go to "senior" training for a week in….Dallas. While all the other people I started with, who work in areas other than government and non-profits will be at training in Orlando. Oh well, I guess I can handle national training in Dallas for the 3rd time. Yes, come July 1st, I will be promoted to senior. A good pay raise and a ridiculous amount of added responsibility come with the senioring job. Luckily, my performance manager is incredibly supportive and says she will help me out whenever I need her help.

Finally, I would like to give a shout out to Miss Susan Vear and Miss Brenna Yard. In one week they will no longer be Misses. No, they are not having a double wedding, they will become DOCTORS. I am so proud of you. The two of you are incredibly admirable. I’m so excited for you both and I love you both.

Love to all……

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gretchen - it was great to get caught up on your life! I hope you are having a great time in New Orleans and like all of Patrick's friends. I'm really excited for you and this relationship. :)
I think you need to be assigned to a client in Memphis. I know Memphis has its own KPMG office, but they don't have Gretchen E Hamm, CPA! We'd love to have you!
Congrats to Susan and Brenna!

-Katie O

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home