It's the Story of my (love) Life!
I seem to repeat a pattern in my romantic interests. I have never had a long-term relationship. The longest romantic relationship I've ever had was about a month long. It seems to me, wherever a romantic interest enters my life, and as soon as I start to get swept up in the excitement of it all, it ends, or is put on hold and then ends. Rarely is the end very dramatic or significant (as I said before, all this excitement that ends occurs within a months time).
For whatever reason, it is rare for me to really get interested in a guy. Sure I get crushes, sure I think a lot of guys are hot/cute, but I rarely find the combination of attractive personality matched with a physical/romantic attraction. When I do, I try and make it known.
When I was a young girl (before college), I had crushes. I rarely ever knew these crushes outside a few passing conversations in class, if even that. When I got to college, and guys started paying attention to me, I realized I had been wasting my time, pinning after some loser that didn't know I existed. Not to say I haven't had any crushes along the way, but none like I had in high school. I think one of the most attractive qualities a guy can have is an interest/attraction in/to me.
Now there have been the occasional boys who have shown interest in me, where the feelings weren't mutual. I still don't know how to handle these situations, but that's a story for another time.
And then enter Patrick.
Good height (probably 5-8,9), longish messy brown hair hidden by a baseball cap, a little scruffy facial hair, a great-kind smile, and pretty brown eyes. I don't know if this is my type, because I don't really have a type. Every guy I've dated has looked dramatically different from the last guy I've dated.
So Patrick....He's the son of one of my mom's friends. He used to live in New Orleans, but he still work just outside New Orleans. He's a Spanish teacher, and the school he teaches at will open up again on Monday. (As you may have read here)
Well, I met him on a Sunday at his parents house at the little Labor Day party they had. Nice guy. Then on Monday Sarah, Mary, Patrick, and I went to Chuys. I had 1/2 a margarita and, of course, I didn't feel like I should drive, so I went out to a bar with the rest to drink water. Patrick drove and never left my side. He's a Rangers fan, he is a closet Gilmore Girls watcher, he likes to bowl, and he likes movies, and he plans on visiting Dallas whenever he can and possibly moving here in a year. He was talking me into going to a Rangers game with him on Friday night. I was pretty convinced. I was looking forward to it all week. I talked to my mom on Wednesday night and find out "Sarah's mom says that Patrick has a crush on you. Apparently, Sarah and Mary decided they needed to take him out and clean him up for you. They are going to make him get a hair cut and get cleaned up." hehehe
I got a phone call from Patrick on Thursday night. The school he teaches at had scheduled a mandatory meeting on Friday and he had to leave that night. He was very disappointed. So was I. He's mentioned about a hundred times that he will be back in town as soon as he can be and hopes to see me. Sounds good, but that's a long way off. Plus, he must be going through so much right now. He's got to be back in the devastated area, dealing with all the incredibly confused kids and the devastation of an area. I don't think I'll be a high priority on his mind.
I wish I had had more time with him. I should have called him when I wanted to, to invite him to volunteer with me on Wednesday and Thursday. I wish he could have stayed longer. But it doesn't surprise me. It's the story of my love life. It ended before it began...
Love to all

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home