Holy Cow!
So...yesturday I started at my new client, an aviation corporation. The office I am working at this week is in Plano, 5 minutes from my parents house. Today the Partner came out to the client and he and I had a conference call with Angela, the senior over here for busy season from New Zealand. You may be asking yourself "why would Gretchen be on a conference call with a senior she doesn't know and a partner she just met?" Well the answer is simple. Today at 3:30PM, I was informed that next week I will be working at this client's office in New York City!!! for 2 or 3 weeks!!! Well, I was exstatic, until WE found out that this senior has absolutely no experiance as an "in charge". Thus, for all intents and pourposes, I will be the "in charge"...me...a first year staff with 4 months of experiance in GOVERNMENT accounting, will be in charge of a consolidation audit in New York with a New Zealander. Well, needless to say, my head is spinning and I am completely overwhelmed. On the other hand, I am going to get to see POLLY while I'm there and visit my old home town of Wilton, and hopefully see Julia as well, (and New York, haven't been back there since the summer of 2000! So, I'm a bit stressed, but very excited, and scared. If anyone will be in the NYC are in the next 3-4 weeks, let me know!!
Much love to all
PS Please pray for my sister and her husband as they deal with the sad news that they have only a combined 2% chance of getting pregnat.
PPS Please pray for my grandmother who has to have surgury to remove a non-cncerous spot on her brest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home