And thus Busy Season begins...
Yes, yes, this week marked the start of audit busy season. What does this mean....I means a mandatory 55 hour work week as opposed to a 40 hour work week. It means working Saturdays, and yes even Sundays!! I of course put my foot down on the working Sundays part. I teach Sunday School from 9:15 til 10:30 and then go to church with my family from 11:00 till 12:00 and then have lunch with my entire family every Sunday morning. I like my Sunday mornings and refuse to give that up. I will work Sunday afternoons or evenings if it is needed, but I prefer to work late on weeknights and have one full day off than to not get a single day off all week.
This week wasn't one of my best. Besides having to work until 8 or 9 every night, my senior, who is finally back from India, was sick all week and left EARLY every day. So, I still didn't have anyone to ask questions to until Friday when he started feeling better. I have to say, I really don't enjoy "spinning my wheels" and I spent a lot of time at night, when I was tired and hungry doing just that. Well, one week down, about 11 to go. It didn't help matters any that all my plans for re-taking a section of the CPA exam in January were dashed thanks to the Texas CPA board. The consensus among the new hires at KPMG, the bureaucracy of it all is almost enough to make you want to give up on the CPA thing all together. I sent in my "Intent to apply" application the first week of November. I received an invitation to "apply" for an exam the last week in December. I filled out the application, got another passport picture taken, got both my SS card and ID notarized, signed yet another check, and sent in the application 2 days later. 18 days later, I still haven't received my notification that I can send in another check to the the testing facility and THEN make an appointment for a test! To add to the mess, my new work friend Lisa called to change an appointment about a month ago and was told that the facility was book throughout January! So, I was not able to sign up to take the test this time, so I didn't sign up for the cram course that was yesterday, and I will not be taking the exam until April when there is another Cram course offered. I am anxiously awaiting my notification so that I can sign up for test time the Saturday after the cram course in April. The real frustrating part is that I've studied ever moment/day off that I have had since August, now, all that time is wasted since I will have to restudy again in March and April anyway!
OH well, such is life.
Well, I'm going to try and keep a positive outlook on things, busy season will be over in April, and hopefully, one more CPA exam will also be over in April, for the time being, I need to live for the day to day joys. I like the people I work with. I have a good job. My job challenges me. My family lives very close by. I spend tons of time with my loving family. I have a beautiful place to live. I have a great live. I have wonderful friends all over the country.
Much love to all...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home