Do I still have a blog?!
So...It's been....about 11 months since I last blogged. I blame my new job. It's not half as stressful as my last. It gave me a lot of free time. So I filled it.
1. I joined a gym...me...Gretchen joined a gym. I actually made a routine of working out. I was going 3 to 5 times a week! Can you believe it? I couldn't. Anyway, I have been going a lot less lately. Like 1 to 2 times a week. At least I'm still going.
2. I became a big sister through Big Brothers / Big Sisters of North Texas. It is time consuming. I meet with my little (who just turned 7) twice a month, every other Saturday. It usually takes about 1/2 a day. She lives about 30 minutes from me and she lives out in the middle of no where, so I have to drive at least 30 minutes after I pick her up to find something to do. It's pretty challenging and I've actually considered giving up a few times (I never thought I would say that!). She has good days and bad, pouting, whining, and bratty days, but she seems to get better the more we see each other. I hope it continues. I'm sticking with it. It's a good growing experience for me.
3. I've become more and less active in my church. I decided to take a 1 year break from teaching 4 year old Sunday School starting in September. After two weeks of attending young adult Sunday school, I was thrilled to be asked to sub in for a teacher in the 3 year old room. I missed my kids.
4. I've been spending as much time as I possibly can with my family, most importantly, my nephew Jack. Have I mentioned that I'm his favorite? I really am. I was up at my sister's house on Saturday with the rest of my family watching the Gator game and I was just so tired (I'll explain why later on) and I could not stay awake. I fell asleep on the couch and Jack came over, climbed over the arm of the couch and hugged my head. He decided this was fun and repeated this over and over and over again. My cousin asked if he wanted to pick out a book for her to read (he loves books). He went over picked one out and brought it to me. I shook my head and pointed to my cousin. He shook his head and threw the book on the floor. He then proceeded to throw his toddler tantrum. He fell to the floor laying down like he was going to sleep on his belly and pouted. Jack has become very stubborn and still very sweet. I am attaching my new favorite picture. Jack and me playing cards at his new Elmo table and chair set.

5. I'VE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted my very own home my whole life. I closed on the house this morning. It is exactly what I've dreamed of for my first home. It's pretty and cute and just the right size. It's 1,712 square feet and has 3 bed rooms, 2 baths, a living / dinning room, a family room, an eat in breakfast area, a kitchen, a separate utility / laundry room, and an attached garage. It has a front porch (sort of) and a back porch (sort of) and a beautiful front and back yard with 2 huge, beautiful oak trees in the front yard. I move in to my home on Saturday. It's such a consuming, scary and exciting time.
6. I've made new friends recently thanks to a random run in with an old college acquaintance at a party. I actually went swing dancing with a few of them last Saturday night. SO MUCH FUN.
7. I devoted some time this summer to the roll of Maid-of-honor for Polly's wedding. It was so much fun spending an entire week with Polly. Her wedding was perfect and I couldn't be happier for her.
So that's just a bit of what has kept me busy over the past 11 months. I can't guarantee another post any time soon, but you can probably catch me on facebook now and again. I miss all of my friends out there and wish I could stay in touch better.
Take care, keep in touch, and much love to all!

2 Comments:
Yay for Gretchen! So nice to hear from you!
Please keep writing! This was my favorite blog when you were writing it regularly! Your fans miss hearing from you!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home